Wednesday, May 16, 2007

something I wrote in the beginning of my awakening...... things have changed.....

Written Oct. 2nd/01

Opening

I look away as the vast Brightness
Threatens to destroy my vision
The unknown, the secrets, the forbidden
Knowledge that begs me to look
Yet can I stand the painful process?
This cleansing light will visit upon my soul
I resist for to what end shall I seek
Coveting the darkness that holds
The untruths upon a pedestal
My mind ponders the use of truth

Shall I live longer, be healthier, richer
Have more pleasure in my life?
What is it that is gained in the seeking?

Knowledge gained but not used
Would seem a waste
My glimpses already alienating me
From common thoughts
Could it be that the fraction of light
I have let in has created Shadows
Where only there was darkness?
Will opening the door spell away the
Lurking shadows or give them new form?

Christine Noble

No comments: