Sunday, May 20, 2007

Holiday Monday

For the last 14 years (the length of time we have owned the restaurant) Stat holidays
are never a time of celebration or rest/relaxation. I work stat holidays and usually
pretty darn hard. Hard work but the best part of working stat holidays is when family and friends come in. although I am working the visiting, sharing and cooking for ones that I love makes it a great day.

I don't know if any family/friends are coming in tomorrow (I think my sis and nephews will show up) but it would make my day.

I never tell anyone just how much I love it when they are there. Not just for the food they buy, but their presense makes me happy and content. (oh and they wipe tables and take their own orders when we are busy....... gotta love that)

So if my brother, sis, and all my dear in-laws , aunts, uncles, neices, nephews, old friends and new friends read this now you know how much I love it when you come out to the restaurant. When we sell the restaurant I will not miss a lot of the work but I will miss the connection I have to my customers (who are dear to me...."Happy
Gang especially"), and family/friends.

No comments: