Monday, May 14, 2007

one heck of a day today......

Full of surprises today. My husband lost his job this morning. I am betting he will have a new job in less than 3 days..... he is actually so happy to be 'out looking' for new oppertunities. Also picking up a new truck today........ but changed my mind, told them tomorrow. I get so pissy when people are telling me what to do, where to go, when to be there...... I just had enough.

All I really wanted to do today was spend some time in the sunshine but it seemed everyone wanted or needed something........ I really need to make 'real time' for myself. Needing some girlfriend time. In the past I undervalued the importance of having strong women friends in my life. Now I need them more than ever as I get older. I realized how important women bonding is during my teaching time in Turkey. The women care for each other in ways that nuture and at times inspire. I love my guy friends but for my emotional health I need my girlfriends. One of my dearest friends Shari (from grade 9) gets me out walking and is a great motivator to become more 'green' and making healthier choices overall. I don't have a ton of friends but the ones I have a cherish.

No comments: